BARCELONA PHOTO DIARY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

For once my life has been pretty busy and verrry exciting! In the space of roughly a week I welcomed my new baby brother in to the world, celebrated my 20th birthday then jetted off to Barcelona for a whirlwind trip. Hopefully you can all understand why I haven't posted properly in a little while. We weren't really sure if our blog was the place to discuss things like our mum's pregnancy etc. but we can now proudly say that baby Tommi was born on the 11th of May and he is perfect in every way!  So, we were busy helping out our mum, painting and decorating the nursery and then sharing lots and lots of cuddles once he finally arrived. I then had a big birthday weekend spent with my family, friends and boyfriend before taking off for Barcelona just two days later!

Barcelona is such an amazing city with an abundance of beautiful sights, buildings, restaurants and beaches.We booked our apartment with Air BnB and I was so surprised with how great it was. It was modern, clean and filled with lovely details like open brick walls and a spiral staircase. It was located on a little sidestreet, just a short walk away from the main streets and squares of the city. It also had a quirky restaurant named Las Fernandez and a cool bar/restaurant - Cera 23 - right round the corner. Las Fernandez did the most amazing croquettes and the blackberry mojito from Cera 23 was divine. We also dined at La Poma which was a recommendation from a friend, located right on Las Ramblas, and a place called Rossini which sat in Placa Reial, a beautiful square adorned with top notch restaurants. Both were a great treat and I'd recommend them to anyone. La Poma is a big hit so I'd definitely advise booking a table beforehand as the queues can get pretty long, and it was nice to be able to just skip past it! Rossini was more suited for a night where you want to get all dressed up and head out for something a bit more fancy. It has tables outdoors where you can eat, amazing drinks, and even it's own personal piano players.

As well as enjoying lovely meals and drinks each night, we managed to squeeze in quite a lot within our 5 days, including visiting Las Ramblas, Barcelona Zoo, Aquarium, Cathedral and the wonderful beaches and harbour, as well as exploring some of the cute and quirky sidestreets which are filled with beautiful architecture. To be honest, I didn't find the aquarium to be that impressive as it is very similar to one nearby to where I actually live, so if you're trying to narrow down what you want to see you could probably skip on that. However, I thoroughly enjoyed everything else and especially recommend visiting the cathedral and the area surrounding it. I'm still trying to get my head round the fact that I've already been and came home again, it's a depressing thought and I really wish I could have just stayed there forever!

twitter / instagram / bloglovin'

Nicole x

No comments:

Post a Comment